Just a Girl

Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Shower Thoughts and Suggestions

I got to spend some quality time cleaning my office today while Jerry hijacked my desk for his homework. For those of you that have seen my office, you know that it is in a perpetual state of chaos.

It was so nice to have company while I made yet another attempt at decluttering, trashing and organizing. While I love "reduce, reuse, recycle," my mission today required clear out, clear out, clear out... it feels so good to have made so much progress!!! (And I still am going to recycle quite a bit via my donation basket)

It's amazing the things you run across... things that need a home, but just get moved from spot to spot because I don't really know where that home should be. One of those things was a stack of baby shower notes.

At my baby shower they had a white tabletop tree hanging with the prettiest note cards as ornaments. Each guest was encouraged to write a survival suggestion as a nice little take-away for me. I've got them all together in a fun book now. After reading through them again, I love how right on so many of the suggestions are and appreciate, again, how many friends and family help us survive and thrive through that first year! What do you think...

* Read to your babies and sing, even if you can't carry a tune! - Dianna

* The first couple of weeks are the toughest, physically, emotionally and mentally. But at the same time, it's like boot camp for becoming a mother. Always remember that through the tough times, wonderful things are happening. Keep smiling and enjoy the ride. No night can last forever. :) - Unknown

* Swaddle, swaddle, swaddle! Trust me. :) And, don't be afraid to ask for help - new mommies need a break! - Leslie

* Just remember don't stress about the little things - they just want you. They don't care what condition the house is in, what you look like, etc. Just be a mommy. Love ya! Chrissy

* We are super excited to meet Sarah Belle and Mary Danz! Love, Sarah

* Always read & sing to your babies! Don't hesitate to call friends for help or advice - moms are super, but you don't have to be super mom! - Unknown

* I'll share what everyone shared with me. "Routine, routine, routine!" Maybe we can love our kids & give each other advice as first time moms! Looking forward to sharing in the moments with you! Love, Jennifer

* Never forget that every day it does get a little bit better, a little - sometimes only a very little - bit easier. "This too shall pass!" Love, Katherine

* Congratulations on your baby girls! I can't wait to meet them. Please let me know if you need any help once they are here. - Natalie

* Be happy! - Momo

* Breastfeeding and nursing is hard at first. Don't give up! - Stacey

* Be firm. Be stern. Most of all, lots & lots of love!! - Unknown

* Call me at 3am so we can complain about lack of sleep together! Love, Amy

* I hope I will get to see you and the babies in the hospital. Love, Breanna

* Always follow a correction with reassurance & confirmation of your love. Always assume the best. - Unknown

* Every mother should have a daughter who would give her twins. We are going to have so much fun. Love you, Mom

* Just have fun - it goes fast! Love, Jayne

* Let them have a pacifer. They won't go to school with them. Promise! - Leninea

No comments: