It appears as though this blogging thing might be more of a annual event for me than anything! While I still write, I seem to bloviate more on Facebook than anywhere else. So sad for the casual Facebook friend of mine...
Lots has happened in the year since I last posted. I left CACI (after 11 years!) and went to work for a great little company. Such a difference from a large, established corporation to a small business just graduating from 8(a) status. Even with all the ups and downs, I am so glad I made the switch - most of the time. ;-)
With the new job came the decision to stay in DC for the next couple of years. Initially we thought we were going to rent our Tulsa house but in the end we decided to sell. It's been a fabulous home for us and we already miss it terribly. But we have made the emotional switch and now it's just business - sell baby sell!!
In the meantime we realized that our rinky dinky bachelor pad wasn't going to cut the mustard for much longer. After lots of searching we decided to build a home. We are praying it will be a good investment. All the decisions we've made regarding our new home selections have been based on resale potential vice 'my dream home'. Ah such is the romance of a business perspective!
Our family has also had many changes. After 28 years of fighting cystic fibrosis, two double lung transplants, a kidney transplant and numerous other heroic feats, my little cousin passed away. Having been in DC for the better part of 15 years it seems silly to miss her as much as I do. After all, it's not like I talked to her all the time?!?! But somehow knowing she was on the other end of a text just made the world a better place.
Our family has also gotten a lot healthier lately. I've said a final good bye to my old frienemy Mt Dew. I walked my first 5k!! (Yay Marine Corps!!) And we are slowly but surely moving toward more whole foods and eliminating processed foods from our diets. But more on our whole healthy life in another post!
OK - dinner is almost ready so I should close for now. It sure feels good to write here - hope I'll be back before next year rolls around...
Monday, September 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment